Thursday, April 29, 2010

StarEast 2010

This has been a great StarEast conference! Thanks to everyone that attended my sessions - the full-day tutorial on Monday and my two track sessions on Wednesday. In the track sessions I offered some resources:

A Deeper Dive into Dashboards

PowerPoint slides of the presentation (PDF)

Excel dashboard with macros
Excel dashboard without macros

The Xcelsius dashboard example
The full 16 minute video of how I created the dashboard

(The reason I give both versions is because the macro-enabled one will update if you are connected to the Internet.)

Here are a couple of the websites I mentioned:

www.dashboardspy.com
www.datapigtechnologies.com

The Elusive Tester to Developer Ratio

We were discussing how to leverage high ratio situations, like 1 tester to 10 developers and higher. The question was asked about how to get testers more on-board with doing unit testing. One suggestion I had was to provide with with a checklist. Here is a unit test workbench with two checklists. This is in Word format, so feel free to modify it to meet your needs.

By the way, I plan to have narrated versions of both presentations posted soon on my website.

Stay in Touch With Me!

There are several ways to stay in touch:

1) Sign up for my newsletter
2) Follow me on Twitter - @rricetester
3) Become a Facebook fan

I hold a monthly drawing for free books for my newsletter subscribers and Facebook fans. The next one is on May 1.

Thanks and have safe travels home!

No comments: