Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Major Apple Snow Leopard Defect...Warning

Hi all,

I'm not one of those Mac users who downplay the problems just to make the Mac look better than a PC! There is a major problem with Snow Leopard that everyone should be aware of. Under Snow Leopard when you log into a guest account, you lose all your data. I think this may have happened to my son. All I know is he lost everything, too. Here is a full account of the problem from Computerworld:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9139250/Snow_Leopard_bug_deletes_all_user_data?source=CTWNLE_nlt_pm_2009-10-12

So...if you have upgraded to Snow Leopard, keep making those backups and don't log in to a guest account! Oh, and to Apple...fix it!!! I can see the new Mac vs. PC commercials now (of course, it would need to be a parody since Apple won't make an ad where their guy just disappears!).

No comments: