With cyber attacks occurring daily, most businesses and government agencies are under constant cyber attack. Unfortunately, many organizations are not doing enough to defend their physical and digital assets. Even more concerning is that while some organizations have firewalls, intrusion detection systems and other defenses, few of those organizations regularly test their defenses to determine their effectiveness.
In this course, you will learn a complete framework for testing security, regardless of the technology involved. This course and certification covers much more than just penetration testing. Certainly, penetration testing is an important part of security testing, but there are many other threats and vulnerabilities that require other security testing approaches.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for:
- Software testers that hold the ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundation Level (CTFL) and want to expand their knowledge of security testing,
- Security testers who hold the CTFL and wish to obtain an advanced certification to solidify their knowledge,
- Security administrators who want to learn more about how to test the security defenses in their organization, and
- Anyone who wants to learn more about security testing but do not necessarily want to take the CTAL-SEC exam.
What You Need to Know:
1. This course follows the ISTQB Advanced Security Tester Syllabus and is written and presented by Randall W. Rice, chair of the ISTQB Advanced Security Tester Syllabus Working Group and holder of the CTAL-SEC, as well as all three ISTQB Core Advanced Certifications.
2. Anyone may attend this training, but to sit for the ISTQB Advanced Security Tester exam, you must hold the ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundation Level (CTFL) designation (or equivalent) and have 3+ years of software testing and related experience. Basic security and security testing concepts are assumed knowledge.
3. The course is four full days in length. No exam will be administered during the class, but attendees that meet pre-requisites and select the exam add-on option will receive a voucher to take the exam at a Kryterion Exam Center. http://www.kryteriononline.com/Locate-Test-Center
4. This is an intense, advanced level course with 28 exercises that cover all K3 and K4 learning objectives.
5. The venue will be announced soon. It will be in the Sandy, UT area. It is your responsibility to book your own hotel room.
6. Light breakfast and lunches are included.
7. A remote attendee option is available.
8. The cost is $2,495 (exam not included) for in-person attendees and $1,995 for remote attendees. There is a 10% discount for groups of 3 or more people.
9. The course program and details can be seen here: http://www.riceconsulting.com/home/index.php/ISTQB-Training-for-Software-Tester-Certification/istqb-advanced-security-tester-course.html
10. To register, please visit https://www.mysoftwaretesting.com/ISTQB_Adv_Security_Tester_Certification_Course_p/istqbsecpub.htm
If you have any questions, please contact me at 405-691-8075 or from the contact form at http://www.riceconsulting.com.
I hope to see you at this event!